Monday 5 May 2014

The trumpet is about to sound.



I had an opportunity to teach the teens class yesterday at church and I started my lesson by asking how many of them were sure they had a ticket to heaven. All the hands shot up. So I went ahead and asked them if they were sure that if the trumpet sounded at that moment, in that room we were in, they would all be ruptured to meet Christ in the skies. Only one hand was up. It got me wondering why all hands went up when I asked about the ticket to heaven and just one hand was up when I spoke about the trumpet sounding and the rupture. I realized that most people are only sure they will go to heaven because they think that the trumpet is not sounding any time now and so we keep living the way we live thinking 'after all tonight I will repent'. We just live life and never take time to think or even imagine that the trumpet might sound any time. We are not preparing for heaven. Our lamps keep having less and less oil everyday. We keep telling ourselves that the bridegroom is not coming anytime soon. And so when confronted with the trumpet sounding anytime now, we realize how not ready we are for heaven. No wonder Jesus said the first will be the last and the last will be the fast. We started hot but gradually are growing cold. We get so absorbed in living life for ourselves, our families, friends etc but never get serious about living life for God. Slowly, the tickets we held so dear get snatched from us. Today we have tomorrow we do not remember where we kept them. And by the time the trumpet sounds, we have no ticket, we misplaced the tickets a long time ago and we just never realized.


How sad is it to realize this truth even when we are seeing all the signs that have been clearly stated in the bible. Could it be we no longer read our bibles, rarely pray and keep having excuses not to attend church, fellowships and prayer meetings. Jesus is coming soon but He is coming to take a bride that is pure. I once wrote about returning. It will not just happen by stating mere words and declarations of faith. It can only happen when you purpose in your heart that things have got to change. Why did Paul warn us to guard our salvation with fear and trembling? I believe he knew this time will come when believers will just play around with their salvation and loose it in the end. The bible says in Revelation 3:11 that we have to hold on to what we have received so that no one will take our crown. Jesus is coming soon. If we knew how to hold on to that more than we hold on to our lives, Christianity would be taking the world for Jesus. No wonder Jesus said whoever tries to keep his life will loose it and whoever looses their life will preserve it (Luke 17:33).

The wrath of God is coming, when God will judge the sins of the world. God has been very patient with us "not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance" (2 Peter 3:9), but God will not wait forever. There will come a day very soon when God will pour his wrath on the ungodly of this world. "For the wrath of God is revealed against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men who suppress the truth..." (Romans 1:18). But there is a way out for those that want it. Jesus told us to "...pray that you may be able to escape all that is about to happen, and that you may be able to stand before the son of man..." (Luke 21:36).

Are you the type of Christian who feels that going to prayer meetings at night will expose you to the cold and you will get sick? Are you that believer who will never attend church when it is raining for fear of getting sick? Is it your habit to avoid fellowships because you have a headache or flu? Do you prefer to attend a medical camp on a Sunday rather than go to church or would you rather be at a business meeting, work, entertaining friends in your house than be in church? You are doing so much to keep your life. I am sorry to tell you that you will loose it. We take God so casually that even when we are sick, instead of going to the place where the great physician is, we stay in our homes. In stead of trusting Him to provide, we had rather open our shops on Sunday than go to church.


Beloved, it is time to wake up from that slumber. Pray like never before, Study the word of God like you never did before. Seek Him like he is the only one who can save you because He is. Seek to constantly be in His presence. Go now! Find the ticket you lost a long the way. The train is about to take off. You will not board without that ticket. Run! Run! Run! THE TRUMPET IS ABOUT TO SOUND!!!!!!

If you have never had this ticket and today you are convicted and wish to get the ticket, pray this prayer of salvation. believe in your heart that Jesus is Lord, accept Him and be set free.

.........................................................................................................................................................

Dear God in heaven, I come to you in the name of Jesus. I acknowledge to You that I am a sinner, and I am sorry for my sins and the life that I have lived; I need your forgiveness.

I believe that your only begotten Son Jesus Christ shed His precious blood on the cross at Calvary and died for my sins, and I am now willing to turn from my sin.

You said in Your Holy Word, Romans 10:9 that if we confess the Lord our God and believe in our hearts that God raised Jesus from the dead, we shall be saved.

Right now I confess Jesus as the Lord of my soul. With my heart, I believe that God raised Jesus from the dead. This very moment I accept Jesus Christ as my own personal Savior and according to His Word, right now I am saved.

Thank you Jesus for your unlimited grace which has saved me from my sins. I thank you Jesus that your grace never leads to license, but rather it always leads to repentance. Therefore Lord Jesus transform my life so that I may bring glory and honor to you alone and not to myself.

Thank you Jesus for dying for me and giving me eternal life.
Amen.
...........................................................................................................................................................



If you just said this prayer and you meant it with all your heart and you have repented for your sins, we believe that you just got saved and are born again.  You may ask, "Now that I am saved, what's next?" First of all you need to get into a bible-based church, and study God's Word. Once you have found a church home, you will want to become water-baptized. By accepting Christ you are baptized in the spirit, but it is through water-baptism that you show your obedience to the Lord. Water baptism is a symbol of your salvation from the dead. You were dead but now you live, for the Lord Jesus Christ has redeemed you for a price! The price was His death on the cross. May God Bless You!

No comments:

Post a Comment